PERSONALIZED CHRISTMAS GIFTS:
Order by December 12, 2016, to make sure your autographed copies arrive in time!
AUTOGRAPHED BOOKS FOR THE HOLIDAYS: Place an order by December 12 and we will make sure a personalized, autographed copy arrives in time for the holidays. Whether you're giving the gift of the monumental ULTIMATE EDITION of Randy Skretvedt’s Laurel & Hardy: The Magic Behind the Movies signed by Randy himself, or one of David Koenig's Disney tomes signed by David, email your order to bonaventure.press(at)cox.net and we will promptly email you back a Paypal invoice. Randy and David will be personalizing copies for generous gift-givers once a week through December 12, so don't miss this wonderful opportunity.
Remember, Laurel & Hardy: The Magic Behind the Movies is now in a Special Limited Collector's Edition. This oversized 8.5 by 11 hardcover features heavy glossy paper and all the trimmings of a top-quality art book, to help show off its 1,000 rare photographs and greatly expanded text.
• That’s nearly 50% more text and quadruple the number of photos of previous editions. Close to 800 of the images are new to this edition, and include many never-before-published, one-of-a-kind pictures from Babe Hardy’s personal collection.
• Exclusive quotes and fascinating anecdotes from interviews with more than 60 of the team’s co-workers, including producer Hal Roach, editors Richard Currier and Bert Jordan, musical director Marvin Hatley, actresses Anita Garvin and Dorothy Granger, and actor Henry Brandon.
• Detailed accounts of hilarious unused scenes, culled from the original scripts.
• Details about the locations where the team filmed many of their most famous scenes.
• Full cast and credit information for each film, providing the names of all the players and their roles as well as previously unknown members of the technical crews. And full information about the musical scores, including the titles of all cues and names of composers.
• Full information on the many films which are still missing, as well as a section about the “new” short subjects created for TV.
SPECIAL OFFER: Books purchased directly from Bonaventure Press will be numbered, signed by the author, and accompanied by a free audio CD of excerpts from the author's interviews with L&H luminaries.
Remember, this is a LIMITED EDITION. Once this hardcover print run is sold out, it will not be reprinted.
® 2016 by Bonaventure Press