Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland By David Koenig
Paperback • ISBN: 0-9640605-6-6
Retail Price: $15.95
To purchase from Amazon.com, click here
To purchase directly from Bonaventure Press, click here
Disneyland - as you've never seen it before...
The most famous amusement park in the world - but is it really the Happiest Place on Earth? Find out in Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland.
This first ever unauthorized backstage peek divulges:
• What it's like to work at the Magic Kingdom. Take the controls of a steamship or a submarine. Climb inside the skin of your favorite cartoon character. Are all these clean cut, ever-smiling "cast members" really as innocent as they seem?
• What's behind the Keep Out signs and security cameras. Explore the underground complexes beneath Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
• Visit the Matterhorn's secret attic and the park's private, members-only club.
• How the park has changed since the death of inspirational founder Walt Disney and the arrival of shrewd Michael Eisner.
• And what happens when reality invades Fantasyland. Witness the breakdowns and blackouts, riots, fires and fatal accidents. And the lawsuits that follow...
Mouse Tales is the one E-ticket ride you won't want to miss.
"Four Stars! A sometimes hilarious, sometimes shocking but definitely unforgettable tome on the history of America's most beloved vacation destination ... a fun book ... told with a jocularity that brings tears of laughter ... (a) wild ride!"
- Ocala Star-Banner (Ocala, Fl.)
"Delightful reading ... the second best thing to do if you cannot visit the Magic Kingdom is to read this book. You will find it fascinating."
- Velma Daniels (syndicated columnist)
"I've read just about everything that has ever been in print about Disneyland, but I hadn't read most of the things David chronicles in his book! This is original stuff ... this book is a must."
"... scrapes the fairy dust off the theatrical facade to reveal that whatWalt Disney envisioned as a place free from the evils of the world can be all too real."
- Los Angeles Times
"A fast-paced, objective and often hilarious look at the world-renowned theme park ... the book peels away the Disney-manufactured facade and uncovers secrets previously stored behind-the-scenes."
- Daily Pilot (Orange County, Ca.)
"A valuable addition to popular culture and to Disneyana."
"An unofficial history in which hundreds of hilarious events also prove that the 160-acre site near Los Angeles can be as goofy as a crazy cartoon."
- New York Daily News
"An amusing and nostalgic trip down Main Street that is entertaining and informative."
- Santa Cruz Sentinel (Santa Cruz, Ca.)
"... revealing ... entertaining ... This is the book that the folks at Disney don't want you to read, (but) even those of us who are Disneyholics would enjoy reading it."
- San Antonio Express News
® 2017 by Bonaventure Press