Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland
Golden Anniversary Special Edition
By David Koenig
Special Edition Available in Hardcover Only, with Bonus CD • ISBN: 0-9640605-4-X
Retail Price: $35.95
To purchase from Amazon.com, click here
To purchase directly from Bonaventure Press, click here
To celebrate Disneyland's Golden Anniversary, the best-selling book about the Happiest Place on Earth is now available in this premium limited edition.
Limited to just 4,000 copies, this collectible set includes:
• A completely expanded and updated edition of Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland, the first-ever unauthorized backstage peek at the Magic Kingdom. The critically acclaimed book reveals what it's like to work at the world's premier theme park, explores the underground complexes and other off-limits areas, and divulges the shocking and the absurd that occur when reality invades Fantasyland. 288 pages packed with fun and thrills!
• A large fold-out aerial photograph of Disneyland during its opening week in July 1955.
• "When the Magic Began," an all-new chapter reliving the first months of Walt's Magic Kingdom, as told by the park's pioneers.
• A Walk in the Park: A Guided Tour of Disneyland in 1955, a 60-minute audio CD featuring Mouse Tales author David Koenig and nostalgia radio personality Randy Brian recreating a trip to the Disneyland of a half-century ago.
LIMITED EDITION OF 4,000
"Four Stars! A sometimes hilarious, sometimes shocking but definitely unforgettable tome on the history of America's most beloved vacation destination ... a fun book ... told with a jocularity that brings tears of laughter ... (a) wild ride!"
- Ocala Star-Banner (Ocala, Fl.)
"Delightful reading ... the second best thing to do if you cannot visit the Magic Kingdom is to read this book. You will find it fascinating."
- Velma Daniels (syndicated columnist)
"I've read just about everything that has ever been in print about Disneyland, but I hadn't read most of the things David chronicles in his book! This is original stuff ... this book is a must."
"... scrapes the fairy dust off the theatrical facade to reveal that whatWalt Disney envisioned as a place free from the evils of the world can be all too real."
- Los Angeles Times
"A fast-paced, objective and often hilarious look at the world-renowned theme park ... the book peels away the Disney-manufactured facade and uncovers secrets previously stored behind-the-scenes."
- Daily Pilot (Orange County, Ca.)
"A valuable addition to popular culture and to Disneyana."
"An unofficial history in which hundreds of hilarious events also prove that the 160-acre site near Los Angeles can be as goofy as a crazy cartoon."
- New York Daily News
"An amusing and nostalgic trip down Main Street that is entertaining and informative."
- Santa Cruz Sentinel (Santa Cruz, Ca.)
"... revealing ... entertaining ... This is the book that the folks at Disney don't want you to read, (but) even those of us who are Disneyholics would enjoy reading it."
- San Antonio Express News
® 2017 by Bonaventure Press